Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rivals Return

We all remember Rivalry weekend back on Memorial Day. For starters I don't think I will ever say this again but I'm so glad I gave up my tix for the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight @ Fenway. But if I were at Fenway I'd be missing the Mets/Phillies game, and i'd be freezing my poor bum out there in the rain. So thank goodness, I used my noggin for once.

Status report: Sox r 1 game back on the Yankees who are currently in first in the East. That being said the Red Sox are 5-0 on the Yankees this season... and we all know it aint gonna happen in our house! So here's to Fenway Faithful, it's time to keep the streak ALIVE. Go Sox!



Wow what a ride I has been for the poor battered Orange & Bruised. The Mets just can't seem to catch a break on this injury train that's rolling through Mets camp. It seems the boys can't go a game without losing someone else. Just when we started to relax thinking Alex Cora could be a good temp for Reyes he gets hurt, leaving the Mets to scramble to find a backup Backup shortstop. Ok Fine. Just when we think we're getting Reyes back, he tears a hammie in a practice game, and that's just the beginning, in the same week we lost Church to injury and Maine and Beltran to food poisoning.
Through it all the METS and their now 6 yea count them 6 rookies (Martinez, Martinez, Parnell, Santos, Murphy (still a rookie in my eyes), and Ken Takahashi) have managed to win enough games to only be 3 games back. An AMAZING feat in my eyes, I'm truly impressed and proud that through everything and everyone that this team has lost in the recent weeks that they are now in a position where by friday's subway series they can very well be the 1st place Mets... Let's just hope the Yankees don't come looking for blood after they get their asses handed to them at Fenway.


I WOULD LOVE TO CONGRATULATE BOTH BIG PAPI DAVID ORTIZ & THE ONE AND ONLY DAVID WRIGHT ON BOTH BREAKING THEIR HOME RUN DROUGHTS TODAY AGAINST THEIR RIVALS. Papi hr #3 for the season, and Wright first hr in over 100 at bats!

No comments:

Post a Comment