Friday, June 12, 2009

Battle for NY


Its that time of year... Families split up, couples argue, and neighbors quarrel, its the battle for New York... 7 trainers vs 4, Bronx vs Queens. Yes I'm talking SUBWAY SERIES, Mets vs Yankees. So tonight the recovering orange and blue face the massacred Yankees.


Status Update: Yankees ventured into s familiar enemy grounds where they faced long time rivals in Boston walking into an 0-5 season record against the Red Sox. Now the Bronx Bombers return home 2 games back with a 0-8 season record, surely they plan to take it out on my beloved Mets, who after this Phillies series know how to take a beating.

After 3 games against the Phillies the Mets have only fallen one game back after winning 1 and losing 2, no thanks to Bobby Pharnell (could have been much worse if u ask me.) However if you recall last season the Mets know how to handle the then home run friendly park, well imagine what they can do now at the batting cage that is Yankee Stadium? And now that we have the benefit of Home Run Review, there will be no more Delgado type robberies.


This blogger will be there tonight and tomorrow (no thanks to stubhub.com) to provide the details from the inside. Apparently stubhub has no control over their company. I accidentally over bid on 2 tix for each game not realizing i had entered $145 instead of $45. I wasn't even ready to confirm or w.e. it is, so my mouse was hovering over and then next thing i know it was accepted and I had bid 145 for 2 tix. They look like good seats, except that buy bidding $300 for 2 games, my debit account is now empty.
What I don't get is that even ebay although HIGHLY frown upon, they have a way that you can contact the seller and have them remove the bid or even cancel a sale. That is called having control over your company. I have come to realize that stubhub.com is just a company of scalpers that simply guarantee that the tickets are real. They don't care about anyone, even after I told their representative that my account was compromised, I was transferred to their fraud department where I was told that even if someone hacks into my account and maxes out my credit cards they can't do anything about it. To top matters off there is supposedly NO way to deactivate a stubhub account, so when I die, my stubhub account will continue to exist, to which the stubhub rep said "hmmm never thought of it that way." Um how about your company consider all the possibilities and then run a business in a more LEGAL CUSTOMER FRIENDLY MANNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment