Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Attention Yankees Fans

So this posts goes out to all Yankee Fans who occasionally get lost and stumble on over to my page.  Happy Opening Day!  I must say as a METSOX Fan it's really hard to watch yet another Ring Ceremony for the Yankees. But like I said back in October, I've never had any hate for the team just certain types of Yankee Fans.  As a New Yorker and overall Baseball fan it's great to see a team be able to celebrate and share with their fans.  I saw the Parade back in October and never realized til then how much it meant to the team and the fans.  Yankee fans had gone 9 long years without a title, and for a team that dominated the 90s that must have been as bad as the Red Sox 86 yrs or the Mets 23 and counting...  But I was also able to see first hand how great it was for the city.  Having a playoff and then a World Series win in your city means extra revenue; I'm talking hotels, transportation, bars/restaurants, and souvenir shops.
As I watch the game I can't deny that the Yankees definitely got things right when it came to building their new park. They're Championship history proudly honored in every corner of the park whether its in the Outfield wall where the Creatures sit showing every title year or waving high above the stadium all 27 title flags. The Yankees are Proud of who they are.  At least as a Met fan I can say Citi field is getting there, but you all saw my last post right.

So  Yankee Fans I wanna hear from you, since it doesn't apply to the Mets and Red Sox both teams opened their season at home on Opening day.  How does it feel watching a home opener 1 week after the season has already started.  Would it have felt that much better if the Yankees had Opening day at home instead of at Fenway?  Besides the ceremonies what separates this game from just another day game?  I guess if you are at the stadium then yea you can feel the difference, but if you watched on TV do u feel robbed of the excitement?  Please comment and share your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. As a Yankee fan, it would have been great to open the season at home in Yankee Stadium as we head into 2010 as defending champions, but the schedule was made well before the 2009 World Series and personally I liked the idea of starting and finishing at Fenway. This is something that hasn't happened between the Yankees and Red Sox since the 1950's (correct me if I'm wrong) so in a way it kind of is like seeing Haley's comet: if you miss it, you most likely will never have the opportunity again.
    I think despite our opening day being a week after the start of the season, this was an exciting home opener and it was great to have Matsui back at the stadium to get his ring (I'm not going to get used to him in an Angels uniform, however, but the schedule made before the World Series worked out to allow this to happen). Like Mets and (I'll give them there due) Red Sox fans, we are extremely passionate about our teams and we all can agree we'd watch an important game like a home opener on a 3.5 inch black and white TV if we had to!

    ReplyDelete