Friday, May 8, 2009

"The thursday that would never end"

So what started out as a boring moving day for me turned into a baseball whirlwind for me. Yea my life revolves around the sport even when I least expect it. So where shall I start? I will keep this one short since there is other work I should be doing... anyway...

MANNY... oh boy oh boy Manny as a Red Sox fan all I can say is thank god he's gone, we're doing so much better with J Bay!!!! As a Met fan all I can say is THANK GOD he's not here!!! To all those people who were calling WFAN 660 AM during the off season talking about how the Mets should pick up Manny as if your opinions mattered, all I wanna say to you is HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, aren't you glad we got Sheff instead. On another note, for the sake of the sport for the sake of Manny's career I really hope that this blemish was truly caused by a medical mistake and not intentional cheating.


METS v PHONIES... So today was an adventurous day at CITI FIELD; esp since I didn't know I had tix till 20 minutes till game time. So Mets meet the Phillies again and won! But this isn't about something you could have seen on SNY or heard on ESPN. Many of us have been aching for a great baseball fight, you know think back to the show stopper back in 07 with the Marlins... well there was defiantly a fight to remember however no players were involved. So I'm not even sure the other guy was a phillies fan, the fight involved one guy in a wright jersey and a guy in a black tee, and the one in the black tee threw a mean punch at the other, the the dude in #5 punches back the other counters by throwing beer in his face. Of course there was a massive fleet of security was there. But what made this fight amazing is that even the players on the field which happened to be the mets, stopped to watch the fight.
The game also hosted another memorable quarrel this one between Manager Jerry Manuel and the 1st base Ump. Manuel was arguing a ridiculous call, Victorino could have easily continued in his attempt to reach 2nd base without needing to push Reyes, after all this is baseball not football. Well now that all is said and done, Manuel can possibly get hit with a fined and even a one game suspension for "hitting" the ump with the bill of his hat.

RED SOX RECORD... 12 runs in 1 inning!!! 12 runs before evening getting an out... I'm speechless!

That's all for now, Keep playing ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment