Saturday, August 15, 2009

And the HITS keep on coming... literally

I know Met fans everywhere are shaking their heads in disbelief. As the NY Mets are in the midst of their 40th anniversary celebrating the Amazin' 69 Mets, I can't help but wonder i n 40 years will the 2009 Mets be remembered as the weakend Orange and Bruised?

In case you missed it, the NY METropolitian hospital (as my dad so adequately calls the team) finally admitted David Wright. Wright became the latest casualty on this streak (one we can't wait to break) when he was hit in the head by a rogue pitch by Giants starter Matt Cain... thus breaking the hearts of female Mets fans everyone.

Wright was hit in the helmet above the ear and dropped to the floor like a helicopter in the Hudson. He then lay there motionless as the entire stadium came to a sudden halt. Everyone held their breaths and prayed. I nearly broke down into tears as I cried out "get up, omg get up David, for the love of G-d please get up!" After several minutes he was turned over my sister goes "oh good he's moving" to which I replied "I'd hardly consider that moving." David was clearly concused; an observation that I was able to make from all the way up in Promenade. Rest assured MetSoxNation he was able to walk off the field granted with some help. It has been reported that he is doing fine and is said to recover soon. He is being held over night at a NY hospital as he recovers from a concusion. For a team already missing the greater part of their power line up; Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes, any serious injury to Wright would be catastrophic.

So it is now with deep regret that I "welcome" Wright to the injury train. The lone soldier that survived for soo long has been struck down.

No comments:

Post a Comment